There are some rules of etiquette for in the Christian Matrimony, which must be followed. Some of them include:
1. Bridal bouquet: A bouquet of white flowers is traditionally used, which can be mixed with other colors such as red, blue or purple. The bride’s parents are responsible for arranging a bouquet for the bride.
2. The entrance to the Church: Weddings are subject to an endless game of protocol, traditions and customs, if not do so, they often leave a bitter memory among the partners and guests. The entry and placement in the church requires a discipline, which is required to be followed. Youth enter the church first, followed by the older people. Then arrives the groom with groomsmen, and the bride enters with her father.
3. Entry of the Bride: Traditionally, the bride will enter the church, holding the left arm of his father or the person she chooses as her godfather. Inside the church, all the friends, relatives, witnesses, the rest of the family and the groom, must be present who need to stand with the entry of the bride. The priest celebrates Mass.
During the wedding ceremonies, the groom takes the right seat before the altar and the bride stands to the left of the groom. The bridesmaids, who stand behind the bride, always accompany her during the wedding ceremonies. Younger sisters, cousins or friends are generally the bridesmaid for the bride.
4. The wedding hall: According to tradition, the bride’s mother accompanied by the groom’s father enters the church and the groom waits at the altar. During the reception, the bride and the, along with their parents, greet the guests. This event is held half an hour before the wedding ceremony.
Importantly, men should walk on the right side of those who accompany them. On the right stands, the family of the bride sits, while on the left stand the groom’s family sits. Inside the church, a traditional order of seating is followed, where the parents and godparents sit behind the couple. The order of honor is usually, couple, parents, siblings, grandparents, uncles, cousins and friends.
5. Arrangement of Musicians: The families are free to call the musicians or organists to the wedding ceremony, and it is desirable that these musicians are familiar with the rites involved in the Christian matrimonial. A wedding involves long sequences of texts and readers. At the time of taking vows, the couple is allowed to choose the texts, but always with the approval of the pastor.
After the wedding ceremonies are successfully accomplished, the newlywed couple takes blessings of their parents and elders. The couple signs the documents to testify their wedding, in front of witnesses, closest relatives and friends. Everyone gathers in the atrium of the church while the couple signed the documents.
The couple is greeted with the traditional shower of rice, rose petals or the latest trend now is the butterfly-shaped confetti.
Role of Witnesses
Godparents and witnesses play an important role at weddings in Christian Matrimonial. Although the value has faded and has lost importance over time, until witnesses are the people who testify the marriage and their signature gives the couple and their family a reason to celebrate the wedding.
The dressing of the witnesses must be according to the wedding ceremony. The arrangement of the clothing for the witnesses should match the wedding theme and the clothing of the bride, groom and their families. Both the bride and groom have to arrange a pair of witnesses who may be men or women. You can choose your witnesses among close friends or members of their families.
Rashmi K writes on behalf of Jeevansathi.com, which is India’s fastest growing matrimonial website. Jeevansat.